Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cynic's Day Off

Short and sweet today. I'm actually quite happy and can't tap into my inner cynic! This isn't to say that while writing every other blog post I'm not happy; because I'm always happy. It's just sometimes my faith in my fellow man is, well, depleted.

I even had to go into downtown LA yesterday, as I sometimes do. Generally this evokes 42 blog topics, and I run them through the brain, having trouble choosing one. After days like that the inner city traffic, my stress because I'm always running late, and the exposure to the idiots who slow down the seminars, are more than enough to elicit my satirical prose.

Nope.

Today is all relaxation (and bliss) for me.

Relaxation, part 1: So I caught up on Jersey Shore this morning. I know, I know. No self respecting person actually watches that show, say the sophisticated souls who have never watched it! In defense of those of us who do tune in, it's more that we (and by "we" I mean "I") can't turn away. It's a mess.

Relaxation, part 2: Finish reading "The 48 Laws of Power." I've been hooked on this book for so long, and I took a break to read a few other books. I think I'm ready to jump back into my take-no-prisoners mentality. The book is flat out amazing, and maybe I wouldn't find anything to relate it to if I didn't work in the corporate jungle. But one has to know how to kill and defend themselves in such an environment. I love the candid and apathetic manner in which it was written. This always gets me pumped for the following week...

Relaxation, part 3: Hello wine. Ooh, I'm getting excited just thinking about it. Nothing is more relaxing than a clean house, my favorite candles lit (sugar cookie, and baked apple pie), good music, wine and my family. Times like these remind me of what I work so hard for.

I know, I'm not very interesting today. Is anyone else relaxing today? If so, what do you do?

Note: I reserve the right to blog later if I happen to be outraged by something. The cynic's day of rest is completely revocable.

2 comments:

  1. hooray for wine, always helps me relax

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a waaay better weekend than me. :) And nothing relaxes me more than a glass of wine after a stressful day. In fact, a glass of sangria helped me chill out this evening. It was divine...

    ReplyDelete